ATI RADEON 9550 UBUNTU DRIVER DOWNLOAD

Did the GUI app not help any. I mean that my graphic card has poor performance on watching videos. I relize that I have to give an install command for an opencl driver related package for the PPA to kick in. In Ubuntu the command is sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. Are you new to LinuxQuestions.
Uploader: Fektilar
Date Added: 10 November 2015
File Size: 36.58 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 43307
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





Now the proprietary Linux driver, Fglrx 8. Here is what I have done so far: Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last Jump to page: View LQ Wiki Contributions.

Introduction

I'm using the latest version of Ubuntu bit and I didn't find a solution to make my video card work fine. Tell me what problem you are having. I found a PPA that gave an updated driver that fixed theproblem. The card is auto-detected and the driver open source is automatically used.

Have you have luck in this area? November 27th, 8. But I have ubunhu gotten a combination to work yet.

You can see my results for a while at https: Check the version of Ubuntu you have installed: Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free. The Linux version, however, supports only distros released before February that have the older X. Alex 6 1 kbuntu.

I use the monitor as a PC monitor and a TV. Is there a step here that I'm missing?

Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux? This Einstein home App was built at: The newest PPA did not work with the newest release.

Page History Login to edit. Results 1 to 10 of I may be premature, but I have 5 WU waiting for validation. I literally browsed through the first 10 pages of google using lots of different combinations zti keywords such as "install ATI drivers ubuntu" and "install linux ATI drivers" etc I just can't seem to get another release Open Source Consulting Domain Registration.

AMD Provides Legacy Driver for Old ATI Cards » Linux Magazine

This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. November 20th, 4. Hi, I am pretty new with Ubuntu and I have installed 9. In this case, you can install the Trusty Hardware Enablement Stackwhich brings new versions of Linux kernel and Radeon driver.

Question # : Questions : xserver-xorg-video-ati package : Ubuntu

They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own. As an alternative, you can install a newer release of Ubuntu.

Follow the on-screen instructions. All times are GMT

Comments