GRIFFIN ESATA EXPRESSCARD DRIVER

I assume so since otherwise you'd just leave it in, just ejecting any attached discs. Misc by Antuan Goodwin Apr 25, Have you ever noticed any overheating in extended use as some expresscard owners have - saying some shut down until cooling off -Mike Thankfully no corruption, but I saw that severe performance issues. I would think that the 4 port LaCie would work, as the driver for that has been listed as compatible with But for what I'm using it for occasional use with single HD , I just can't justify a 'better' more ports, higher performance eSATA controller card that costs many times more than this one. Yes, in the firmware tab of the card you can see the version of the firmware.
Uploader: Mazukora
Date Added: 5 February 2005
File Size: 19.31 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 32156
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





I may mirror at some point, but have no need yet, and frankly, am just not that brave yet with this card as it concerns exata data.

Griffin eSATA Express Card 34

I had to grjffin some cables before I could use it: I'm using a first-gen MBP 1. In either case it needs reboot mostly for either the Mac OS to see it or of course for the FirmTek driver to see. It's connected to two external "noix" cheap enclosures with Two western digitial gb drives in a software raid set actually ripped expressccard of my old desktop.

Another thing is because of Apple's design it does griffiin take much movement for card to eject itself- so one needs to have a light touch while card is inserted in MBP. The upgrade is currently used in Apple and Windows-based computers.

Not much use if that is true. Anyone know anything about RAID? I did not try reinstalling them later as I wanted to wait for the natively supported Jmicron card.

Griffin express 34 esata - Apple Community

I would think that the 4 port LaCie would work, as the driver for that has been listed as compatible with Only happened after grirfin It was interesting to note that I had the external hard drive powered and expresscard inserted.

The Expresscard Menu bar item with options like turn off card, etc.

When using target mode the SATA expresscarr enables twice the speed of FireWire, making backup to a user's desktop hard drive much faster But I'd like to think so, considering the tons of cards out there that use that chip.

I'm using borrowing two computers for this experiment, both one running Lastly, after repeated copies back and forth of large.

I downloaded that SI drivers page 1.

eSATA 3Gbps and eSATA RAID | Putting Your ExpressCard Slot to Work in Your Laptop | InformIT

As it had earlier. Another VARY good way to access it is to simply boot from the clone of your old system that should eeata made before moving any pro work station to a new OS. You can also do a "MD5" compare on files from the terminal but the large DMG example is easier for most. If so try the 1.

From the sound of it your external drives use PM. I didn't even remember posting, but there was my name, along with a grififn to the driver page I needed to get the updated 64 bit driver!

Silicon Image eSATA driver update for Lion?

I believe that Apple was playing it safe and considered the driver incompatible due to the future which may boot into a bit kernel by default.

I am glad that people that I trust have posted that it's still "working" - but Zane still makes me nervous about this. My son said it was kinda like Inception. Includes another warning to check for data corruptionespecially with natively supported JMB 36x cards.

I haven't seen overheating, but I do remember seeing that post here previously from a user of a different card. For a while I was able to use my eSata express card to work with the external drive when in the 32 bit environment.

I didn't do any extensive tests though. I hope for you that finally the driver and the year written works It works fine as long as I insert it before I power up. Then I installed the Silicon Image drivers and as soon as the install completed no restart the drive mounted.

I finished installing SnowLeopard on it and had no issue except for my iStatmenu not working anymore, but seems like islayer is working on a fix already. Were the freezes related to the esata card?

Comments